Himachal Pradesh is known for its traditional dishes which are being cooked in Himachal; here is the process – how one can make the Patrode at their home with Public Spoon.
- Taro leaves(Arbi ke patte or kachalu) – 250gm (10-12 patte)
- Corn flour (makki ka atta) – 250 gm
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder (haldi)
- Fresh Turmeric leaves (optional- used for enhancing the smell and taste)
- Mustard Oil
- Green chillies past as per your taste
- Garam Masala
- Knead the dough of Cornflour by adding turmeric powder, Dhania powder, 7-8 teaspoons of mustard oil, Garam Masala and paste of green chillies. Wash the taro leaves (Arbi Patte) and apply the paste evenly on a leaf then put one more leaf on it and again apply some more paste on it. Now roll the leaves and keep applying the paste until and unless it is being rolled completely. Then tie them with thread or turmeric leaves.
- Now repeat the process with the remaining leaves and when completed add 2 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of oil to the water and steam cook the above chunk till 4 – 5 whistles at medium flam or you can use a steamer for 20 -25 minutes. Let them cool for at least half an hour.
- Cutting them into pieces and after this deep fry or shallow fry them, as you would like.
- Enjoy the Himachali Patrode with Desi hot Ghee or a cup of tea with your friends and family.