If mango is your love of fruits then don’t miss to try this easy mango barfi. Summer is here and so is the perfect time to try something new and easy recipe with the king of fruits. There are so many varieties of mango, each has its own unique taste and smell.
You might have tried Mango Milkshake, Mousse, Custard, Lassi, Curd, Ice Cream etc. during summers. But wait! have you ever had Mango Barfi?
This fusion of fruit with traditional Indian mithai will woo everyone’s taste buds. For this simple mango dessert recipe, we need 4 simple ingredients. If you love trying out different recipes then you can serve this mithai during parties, and festivals, or store them in the fridge for your post-meal sugar cravings.
(image credits- times food)
Ingredients of Easy Mango Barfi:
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 cups coconut powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Firstly, blend a smooth paste of 1 cup chopped mangoes and 1/2 cup milk in a blender.
- Transfer the mango paste to a pan and keep it on low to medium flame. Now, add sugar and mix well till it dissolves completely.
- Now add coconut powder and mix well.
- Cook for about 20 minutes and stir after every one minute to prevent it from burning or sticking at the bottom.
- You need to cook the mixture till it holds shape and leaves all the sides of the pan.
- Now let the mixture cool down. Transfer to a mould lined with butter paper and spread it evenly. Let it rest for about 45 minutes.
- Once firm, cut the Mango Barfi into a square shape. It’s now ready to be served.